Taste of Victory Stables is currently offering co-ownership opportunities for the Funny Cide Group or TOV F. TOV F will be comprised of three to four young developing horses. The horses in our group will consist of:
2yo Filly purchased at OBS April named, I’ll Handal The Cash. By of Point of Entry, this tremendous looking filly will be trained by young training phenom, Ray Handal in New York.
Unnamed 3-year old gelding out of BigBadLeroyBrown (Cal-Bred) to be trained by Kenny Black in California.
A Maryland-Bred to be purchased out of the Mid-Atlantic Fasig Tipton sale towards the end of May. This horse will be trained by Phil Schoenthal
A horse to be claimed and trained in New York by Ray Handal
In each individual group we pay a quarterly dividend to the shareholders if a profit is realized. If there is a loss for the quarter, the shareholders will be responsible for their share of the expenses. For example, if our total investment for a particular group is $120,000 and you buy 4 shares ( 1,500 each share) or $6,000, your percentage of ownership would be 5%. If we are profitable in a given quarter you will receive 5% of the profits. Consequently, if we are not profitable in a given quarter you will be responsible for 5% of the expenses. Our goal will be to keep quarterly expenses to $85 per share or less should our horses earn zero dollars during the month.
Profit will be calculated as follows:
Revenue = Purse monies won (typically 60% of purse for first place, 20% for second, 10% for third, 5% for fourth, 3% for fifth, 2% for sixth). Purses typically range from $20K-100K.
- Jockey and trainer purse supplements (jockeys and trainers each typically get 10% of all purse monies won if their horse finishes 1st, 2nd or 3rd)
- Trainer Fees (between $50-$100 per day)
- Track fees (normally $25 per race)
- Jockey fees (typically $45 per race)
- Veterinary fees ($150-650/mo.)
- Vitamins/Health supplements ($15/mo.)
- Shoeing (typically $100-$150 a month per horse)
- Management fee (if any)
- Miscellaneous fees (Lasix, shipping, accounting, etc.).
Essentially, the monthly expense to keep a horse (in training) is typically between $2,500- $4,000 a month depending on the location of the racetrack.
Revenue – Expenses = Profit
Benefits to ownership:
- TOV Stables Nike Shirt (men) or Fleece jacket (women) – (1) complimentary per investor. Additional available for purchase.
- TOV Ownership events
- Access to Stables and Thoroughbreds owned by TOV
- Access to owners paddock prior to each race
- Winner’s circle trips and (1) complimentary winner’s circle photo. Additional photos will be available for purchase.
Our commitment: Our style is to manage this group diligently and with a lot of interaction with our trainer and members. We attend many races and early a.m. training sessions in order to have personal conversations with the trainer and exercise riders. Email updates will be provided to our members on a regular basis. Typically we will email updates at least once a week. We often include a short educational piece in our emails, which is designed to help you better understand horses, trainers, strategies, etc. You will always know the status of our horse(s) and strategies being employed for each race. At the end of each quarter we will provide a financial analysis.
We hope that you want to be a part of Thoroughbred Racing. It is one of the most thrilling experiences that we’ve ever been a part of. We will bring that experience to you as an co-owner so that you can see what it feels like to have your horse thundering down the stretch to cross the finish line first. It will truly give you a Taste of Victory. #OwnTheExperience!